SCHOOLS taking SCHOOL PLACES
This is our Schools block-booking Reservation channel.
The information below is for Schools wishing to
participate in the event.
The Thames Head Challenge is open to all Schools, Charities and good causes.
Our references to Schools include any of the entities below:
• Special Schools
• Primary Schools
• Secondary Schools
• INCLUDING Specific School Funding Projects
The Thames Head Challenge is an excellent opportunity for Schools to enlist keen, adventurous and energetic supporters in the goal of raising funds for their School.
The Royal Agricultural University, our magnificent Finish Venue in Cirencester, affords a large, private and safe space for picnics and games on grass. It is the perfect spot for all non-riding supporters to join us for a magical and fun-filled afternoon culminating in a BIG welcome home for the Riders.
We will be delighted if your School joins us in this, the inaugural Thames Head Challenge 2021, linking schools along the 130miles of the beautiful Thames corridor.
The Thames Head Challenge is completely unique in concept but totally familiar in format as a one-day Charity Bike Ride. Seeing the Thames from end2end, either as a Soloist or a Relay Team Rider, gives supporters a truly great event to take part in. It is an event which will be talked about for many months afterwards, by all those involved on the day.
YOUR SCHOOL PACKAGE
Our goal is to stage for your School an event which is not only immense fun for your Riders but, is a total success from a School fundraising viewpoint. As Organisers, we will help you along the way with media input in terms of promotional images, media copy and other marketing materials.
On every day leading up to the event, we are here and available to support your School to make the very most of this excellent fundraising opportunity!
Your School Package comprises:
• A School Team Place [available for up to 4 Riders per Team]
• The cost per Team Place is £399 [max ONE Team per School]
• A Team can comprise 1, 2, 3 or 4 Riders
NOTE: Team Places can be secured by a DEPOSIT ONLY payment of £100
Your School will be:
• Identified as a Participating School in the Event
• Given access to marketing images, video and promotional media copy
• Included in promotional material shared with all media channels
Additionally, your School will be invited to:
• Attend the START in Putney to support your own Riders
• Be special guests of ours - the Organisers - in a celebration at the FINISH
In summary, the benefits of participating include:
Fundraising opportunities for your School and its activities
Typically, Riders in similar events raise as much as £500 each
We anticipate Schools will benefit by the involvement of the celebrity Riders
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT
Reservation of School Team Places can be done online.
There is a short form to complete as part of the Reservation process.
On Reservation, Schools can elect to pay either:
• In FULL or by DEPOSIT - for a limited time ONLY
• Online by card or...
• By requesting an invoice for settlement within 14days
Charity Bike Rides, as Organisers, have partnered with MY RACING PIG to process online Reservations and card payments for the 2021 Thames Head Challenge.
Invoices will be issued by Charity Bike Rides and sent to the email address provided by the School's Event Registrant.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER RESERVATION:
• Further information will be requested by email from the person named as the
registrant for the School.
• We will send you a bespoke Rider Sign-Up link which can be sent to all your
Riders and potentially interested Riders.
They can use this link to register as a School Team Rider.
• We will confirm your Team Riders, once they are registered, who will become the
focus for your School's fundraising campaign.
• We will send you details of our event marketing plan plus the PR and marketing
material mentioned above for your School’s own use.